SolusVM Community
Sign in to follow this  
rickb

Templates Action Hooks

Hi, I understand this page: http://wiki.solusvm.com/index.php/Action_Hooks

-We can create scripts that run per vm based on the vmid filename.

I propose:

1)

A general purpose script config script, say /home/xen/hooks/hook_config.sh which executes on every VM boot, and set environment variables or arguments for vmid. With this, we can code a php script which queries solusvm for that vmid and other data sources an organization may use, to manage the VM cfg/preboot process. For example we might query the billing system to see if the VM is disabled, or if we want to load volumes which are not defined in Solus (any kernel features necessities prior to HVM boot).

To do this currently, we would need to create /home/xen/vm[1-100]/hooks/hook_config.sh (100 files for vms), but it seems unnecessary.

2) An action hook script which executes upon VM "rebuild" and "rebuild" actions. There may be things we want to do with the volumes prior to boot. Ideally we would have a "central" script as in #1. For example, if I want to "reinstall" the vg using a different method, this should be made available.

Any advice is appreciated!

Rick