SolusVM Community
Krissteel

Solus and public IPs

Hi we are interested in buying Solus and start to use containers.
We have dedicated server with Centos 6. One 2 NIC and pool of 32 public IPs.
We want to have on this Centos 6, 16 containers with 2 NIC in each.

How we can achieve this using Solus, we want to install Master with OpenVZ on our host Centos 6 and creat VPS.
But how to adds 2 NIC to this VPS? We need to install Slave or this is only for redundancy? Or maybe node for each VPS?
How to add our public IPs to VPS? And how to create NIC on this VPS?
Thanks for all information because what is in guide in Solus is not to clear.

Just now, Terry Myers said:

Hi there,

We would be able to support private IPs only on the 2nd NIC.

I can add veth in my host - linux Centos - so I will have this 32 public IPs on my machines, but what then, how can I assignment this veth to VPS?

Hi Krissteel,

The Solusvm supports the network interface as venet0 for openvz virtualization. You can add your IP's in IP block from solusvm to assign it to containers.

Usually we call the slave (dedicated server) as node. If you wish to configure internal network for the containers, you can add the internal IP's in node setting from solusvm to bind it for containers.

Thanks.

51 minutes ago, Shyva Dev said:

Hi Krissteel,

The Solusvm supports the network interface as venet0 for openvz virtualization. You can add your IP's in IP block from solusvm to assign it to containers.

Usually we call the slave (dedicated server) as node. If you wish to configure internal network for the containers, you can add the internal IP's in node setting from solusvm to bind it for containers.

Thanks.

1. So I understand that block IPs are for public IPs, and using bridge between eth0 and venet0 I can route traffic to container. But how? venet0 somehow will spreed this signal, how he will now to which IPs I want to redirect, there is some configuration file for that purpose?

2. Example if I have eth0 182.190.250.1 like a host NIC and I add veth1 - 182.190.250.2 and also put them to blockIP it will be conflict address or not?

3. About node I saw that when you want create new VPS there is also default node with host IP in this example it will be eth0, so what, even if we want to install master we will have slave by default - because you said 'Usually we call the slave as node?

5. Can I add multiple IPs to one VPS and if yes how?

Sorry for such many questions but I want to have clear situation. Thanks for your patience as well :)

Edited by Krissteel