Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krissteel

Solus and network connection

2 posts in this topic

A few question about Solus how to configure network connection

1. I understand that block IPs are for public IPs, and using bridge between eth0 and venet0 I can route traffic to container. But how? venet0 somehow will spreed this signal, how he will now to which IPs I want to redirect, there is some configuration file for that purpose?

2. Example if I have eth0 182.190.250.1 like a host NIC and I add veth1 - 182.190.250.2 and also put them to blockIP it will be conflict address or not?

3. About node I saw that when you want create new VPS there is also default node with host IP in this example it will be eth0, so what, even if we want to install master we will have slave by default - because you said 'Usually we call the slave as node?

5. Can I add multiple IPs to one VPS and if yes how?

6. Can we use another version of VPS I saw that by default there is only Centos 5.3, if yes how, you have some tutorial about this case.

Sorry for such many questions but I want to have clear situation and I think it will be also good for others like a reference post. Thanks for your patience as well :)

On 5/12/2017 at 4:31 PM, Krissteel said:

A few question about Solus how to configure network connection

1. I understand that block IPs are for public IPs, and using bridge between eth0 and venet0 I can route traffic to container. But how? venet0 somehow will spreed this signal, how he will now to which IPs I want to redirect, there is some configuration file for that purpose?

This is in a situation with OpenVZ, right? This is how OpenVZ works. I am not exactly sure how it is implemented in OpenVZ, but in networking terms the router knows which IP belongs to which mac address. Every packet from the router to the server is routed by mac address. As this is known by the switches and any bridging, it will direct the package to the right port and/or server.

2. Example if I have eth0 182.190.250.1 like a host NIC and I add veth1 - 182.190.250.2 and also put them to blockIP it will be conflict address or not?

If you want to have a second IP, simply use venet0:0. veth1 will point to a second nic, which you probably do not have.

3. About node I saw that when you want create new VPS there is also default node with host IP in this example it will be eth0, so what, even if we want to install master we will have slave by default - because you said 'Usually we call the slave as node?

Only when you use OpenVZ, the master can act as a host (aka node). However, in the situation of KVM and Xen, the master will just be the master and not run any virtual machine on it. But if you want to understand the difference between master and slave: the master is where the SolusVM control panel runs, the slave only listens to commands from the control panel.

5. Can I add multiple IPs to one VPS and if yes how?

This is possible and you can do this by simply adding extra IP's to the VPS.

6. Can we use another version of VPS I saw that by default there is only Centos 5.3, if yes how, you have some tutorial about this case.

Sorry for such many questions but I want to have clear situation and I think it will be also good for others like a reference post. Thanks for your patience as well :)

There are many OSes. Actually, 5.3 is not supported anymore so you should not use that. Check out http://tdn.solusvm.com for more templates.

Krissteel likes this