SolusVM Community
Web Host Pro

Does this look like the correct partitioning for a new KVM slave?

Every time I set up a new slave server I need support to do something to make it work. I was hoping I could get this going correctly from the start. Even though the support is great of course.

I'm just stuck on the CentOS installer when it asks to add the Volume Group Name and LVM. The SolusVM instructions "https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/KVM+on+RHEL+(CentOS)+7+Hypervisor+Installer" doesn't specify what to put in several boxes that are required.

I attached an image with my guesses of what to add. Please let me know if it will work. Like /lvm2 for the partition and groupvol01 for the Volume Group Name. The image shows all the settings.

Thanks!

Charley

kvm-slave.jpg

Hi,

That partition looks to okay.  Remember, you don't have to create LVM in the partition, so you can just create 3 main partition and keep the rest as it is.  The 3 partitions are;

/boot -> 1 GB

/ -> 50-80 GB

swap -> same as RAM.

Keep the rest unpartitioned, so later on you can create Volume group that can be used for LVM creation by solusvm..